EUREGHA Member Emilia-Romagna (Regional Agency for Health and Social Care) is a partner of the MyHealth project which kicked off in Luxembourg in May.
MyHealth (Models to engage Migrants, Refugees and Ethnic Minorities in their health through Community Empowerment and Learning Alliance) is a three-year project co-funded by the EU Health Programme (2014-2020). It is coordinated by the Fundació Institut de Recerca Hospital Universitari Vall d’Hebron (ES) and brings together 11 partners from 7 EU Members States:
1. FUNDACIO HOSPITAL UNIVERSITARI VALL D’HEBRON – INSTITUT DE RECERCA – Spain
2. INSTITUT CATALA DE LA SALUT – Spain
3. SYN EIRMOS NGO OF SOCIAL SOLIDARITY ASTIKI ETAIRIA – Greece
4. Florencia Young und Maria Luisa Di Como, GbR – Germany
5. THE MIGRANTS’ RESOURCE CENTRE – United Kingdom
6. EUROPEAN INSTITUTE OF WOMEN’S HEALTH LIMITED – Ireland
7. UNIVERSITY OF GREENWICH – United Kingdom
8. Asserta Global Healthcare Solutions – Spain
9. FAKULTNI NEMOCNICE U SV. ANNY V BRNE – Czech Republic
10. REGIONE EMILIA ROMAGNA, Agenzia sanitaria e sociale regionale – Italy
11. CHARITE – UNIVERSITAETSMEDIZIN BERLIN – Germany
The project aims at improving access to healthcare for vulnerable migrants and refugees, particularly women and unaccompanied minors who have recently arrived in Europe.
Due to the global increase of migratory movements towards the EU – as an example, the number of asylum claims in 2015 doubled since 1992, whereof 29% were minors- supporting the inclusion and participation of migrants and refugees in our communities is of utmost important to reduce health inequalities. Project partners will collaborate to develop and implement models to engage vulnerable migrants and refugees in their health through community empowerment and learning.
The main objective will be achieved through the development of a roadmap for effective community-based care models to improve physical and mental health care services and a feasibility test of community-based care models in different settings and countries.
Foreseen project outcomes include:
- Online Interactive Map
- Pilot survey on current health status and concerns
- Identification of best strategies in health promotion
- Successfully evaluated Pilot Models
- Guide for integration of ICT Solutions for MREM.
For more information about MyHealth, please contact:
Nuria Serre, Fundació Institut de Recerca Hospital Universitari Vall d’Hebron, SP – Project Coordinator
nserre.bcn.ics (at) gencat.cat [or: Francisco Collazos Pacocollazos (at) hotmail.com ]
Peggy Maguire, European Institute of Women’s Health Limited, IE – Responsible for the project dissemination activity
peg (at) eurohealth.ie
Maria Augusta Nicoli, Regione Emilia-Romagna, Agenzia sanitaria e sociale regionale – IT – Responsible for the project mapping activity
MariaAugusta.Nicoli (at) regione.emilia-romagna.it [or: Giovanni Ragazzi giovanni.ragazzi (at) regione.emilia-romagna.it ]