On the 31st of January EUREGHA took part in the first EURIPHI project meeting.
EUREGHA is one of the partners of this project, a Horizon 2020 CSA with 25 partners from 10 EU countries that will work on value-based MEAT procurement.
Key Objectives of the EURIPHI Consortium
EURIPHI aims to create a Europe-wide community of public procurers and procurement organizations in the health and social care sector which aims to address common unmet needs and shortcomings in the current care delivery by using innovation procurement to implement innovation and integrated care innovative solutions using a “Public procurement of innovative solutions” (PPI) or “Pre-commercial procurement” (PCP). Open, restrictive, as well as innovation partnerships tendering procedures, will be applied in conformity with national legislation.
The procurement organizations involved as EURIPHI partners or members of the advisory board are interested in value-based innovation procurement and have teamed up around the novel approach of Most Economically Advantageous Tendering Value Based Procurement of Innovation Solutions (MEAT VBPPI).
EURIPHI aims by June 2020 to:
- Establish a sustainable Community of Practice using value-based innovative procurement methods;
- Adapt the existing tools, perform market consultations and deploy cross-border Value Based PPI/PCP testing as learning cases in the field of rapid diagnostics for infectious diseases and new models of patient-centred integrated care;
- Build legal guidance of a value-based cross border cooperation for innovation procurement with localized decision making;
- Build a “EURIPHI Regional Network” to prioritize areas of common interest to address unmet needs, shortcomings in care delivery and guide investment decisions.
- 12 leading Public Procurement Organizations covering more than 500 service providers throughout Europe.
- Experts from academia, legal, business and European/International associations:
An advisory committee of procurers and experts throughout Europe will further enlarge the CSA.
Role of EUREGHA
EUREGHA will contribute to the project by:
- Facilitating the participation of regions in the EURIPHI network;
- Contributing to the questioners on rapid diagnostics for infectious diseases and new models of patient-centred integrated care;
- Collaborating in the dissemination and exploitation activities.