EUREGHA’s vision is to ensure that the local and regional perspective is represented in EU health policy.
The importance of local and regional health authorities is central, as they represent the natural interface between citizens and national and European institutions. They exert a pivotal role in improving the efficiency and quality of health care systems and services, and in promoting public health.
EUREGHA is the only European network that represents regional and local health authorities as a priority, and understands their specific needs. By joining EUREGHA, members commit to work towards strengthening the voice of local and regional authorities in EU health policy.
EUREGHA’s mission is to bring regional and local health authorities together, as a means to improve health policy in Europe. By doing so, EUREGHA also establishes and promotes collaboration between its members, the institutions of the European Union and with pan European health networks and organisations working with public health and health care.
OBJECTIVES AND TOOLS
- Making the voice of regional and local health authorities heard at EU level
- Liaising with the EU institutions and international stakeholders
- Reinforcing the partnership between EUREGHA member regions and the EU institutions
- Providing access to tailored monitoring of information on health-related legislation and funding through reports, e-mails, weekly InfoFlashes and bimonthly newsletters
- Disseminating booklets and publications of EUREGHA members’ best-practices
- Organising high-level events in Brussels
- Organising exclusive policy briefings and annual conferences
- Providing opportunities for cooperation and exchange of experiences with other European regions
- Monitoring calls for proposals and tenders
- Disseminating partner searches
- Providing participation opportunities, through EUREGHA, in EU projects, Joint Actions and initiatives