On the occasion of the “EU High-Level Conference on Mental Health”, EU Health Commissioner Vassiliou together with the Slovenian Presidency and the World Health Organisation Regional Office for Europe launched “The European Pact for Mental Health and Well-Being”. The Pact recognises the challenges in addressing mental health and suggests pooling knowledge from across the EU in order to develop commonly supported recommendations for actions in 5 key areas:
- prevention of suicide and depression,
- mental health in youth and education,
- mental heath in workplace settings,
- mental health in older people, and
- combating stigma and social exclusion.