On 12 October from 11:30 to 13:00, the Committee of the Regions’ NAT Commission and Interregional Group on Health and Well-being, European Commission’s DG CONNECT and EUREGHA – the reference network for European Regional and Local Health Authorities – facilitated an insightful conference within the framework of #EURegionsWeek 20th anniversary, discussing the potential of digital health transformation in Europe and the role of regional and local health authorities in driving this change forward. The event gathered high-level representatives from EU institutions, EU experts, and representatives of regional and local health authorities across Europe.
The session was moderated by Giovanni Gorgoni, Chair of EUREGHA, and the speakers were:
- Marco Marsella, Head of Unit, eHealth, Well-Being and Ageing, DG CONNECT, European Commission
- Fidelia Cascini, Digital Health Expert at the DG for the Digitalisation of Italy’s Ministry of Health
- Birgitta Sacrédeus, Chair, Interregional Group on Health and Well-being, European Committee of the Regions;
- Mike Morrissey, Chief Executive of the European Cancer Organisation
You can read our press release by clicking on the following button.
The session was enriched by three video testimonials showcasing examples on the ground and approaches to dealing with digital transformation at the regional level.
- Quote from Fidelia Cascini
- Quote from Birgitta Sacrédeus
- Quote from Mike Morrissey
- Quote from Marco Marsella
- Quote from Giovanni Gorgoni
- Kick off post (Tweet – Fb post – LinkedIn post)
- Ms Cascini’s card (Tweet – Fb post – LinkedIn post)
- Ms Sacrédeus’ card (Tweet – Fb post – LinkedIn post)
- Mr Marsella’s card (Tweet – LinkedIn post)
- Mr Morrissey’s card (Tweet – Fb post – LinkedIn post)
- Ms Henderson’s card (Tweet – Fb post – LinkedIn post)
- Mr Jacob’s card (Tweet – LinkedIn post)
- Mr Gorgoni’s card (Tweet – Fb post – LinkedIn post)
Did you miss our session? Don’t worry! You can re-watch it here.