Healthy ageing in the EU: The potential of digital innovation for elderly health and social care.
On 12 October from 09:30 to 11:00, the Committee of the Regions’ NAT Commission and Interregional Group on Health and Well-being, and DG CONNECT , in collaboration with EUREGHA – the reference network for European Regional and Local Health Authorities – and the Province of Lugo (ES) facilitated an insightful conference within the framework of #EURegionsWeek Health Day, discussing active and healthy ageing and the potential of digitalisation for enhancing elderly health and social well-being.
With high-level representatives from EU institutions, EU experts, and several experiences from the field, the conference provided participants and speakers with a multifaceted view on the use of digital methods for active and healthy ageing, and a fruitful exchange of perspectives.
The session was moderated by Giovanni Gorgoni, Chair of EUREGHA, and the speakers were:
- Dubravka Šuica, Vice-President and European Commissioner for Democracy and Demography (video message);
- Jarosław Duda, MEP, EMPL Committee, European Parliament;
- Birgitta Sacrédeus, Chair, Interregional Group on Health and Well-being, European Committee of the Regions;
- Marco Marsella, Head of Unit, eHealth, Well-Being and Ageing, DG CONNECT, European Commission;
- Raluca Painter, Head of Unit, Labour Market, Education, Health and Social Services, DG REFORM, European Commission;
- Piret Hirv, Project Manager, Innovation Networks for Active and Healthy Ageing (IN-4-AHA)
You can re-watch Vice-President Suica’s speech here:
- Quote from Vice-President Dubravka Suica
- Quote from Jaroslaw Duda
- Quote from Birgitta Sacrédeus
- Example from the Province of Lugo (ES)
- Quote from Raluca Painter
- Quote from Piret Hirv
- Quote from Marco Marsella
- Quote from Giovanni Gorgoni
EUREGHA co-authored an article for the ESPON Magazine “TerritoriALL” about the topic of the session: the potential of digital methods for active and healthy ageing, and there is a press release available for a brief insight in what was discussed in the workshop.
Access both via the buttons below.