EUREGHA is delighted to be one of the partners of the newly launched European Alliance for Value in Health. The Alliance, established by 11 associations, embodies a broad group of European health stakeholders who represent patients, scientific and professional societies, healthcare managers, hospitals, regional health authorities and life-science industries. The partners work together towards a vision for value-based, sustainable and patient-centered healthcare systems.
The European Alliance is formed to put value and outcomes at the centre of health systems.
The work of the Alliance is based on six principles:
- Outcomes that matter to people and patients, as well as benefits valued by health systems and societies, are at the centre of decision-making;
- Interventions and services addressing prevention, social care and healthcare are organized in an integrated way around people and patients;
- Resources are allocated towards high value care and prevention, with outcomes and costs of care measured holistically;
- Continuous learning, education and healthcare improvement is based on evidence, and supported by data and insights;
- Innovative ways of care delivery are fostered;
- Financing models and payments reward value and outcomes.
The mission of the Alliance is to join forced to ensure health system transformation, by sharing best practices and knowledge, and engaging with policy makers and stakeholders – at European, national, and regional level.
Find more information about the partnership, mission, vision, and publications here.