The European Regional and Local Health Authorities (EUREGHA) is pleased to invite you for the upcoming meeting of the CoR Interregional Group on Health and Wellbeing:
“The fight against cancer: a challenge for the European Health Union”
16 June 2021, 14:30-16:30 CET
With the publication of Europe’s Beating Cancer Plan in early February 2021, the fight against cancer has been confirmed as one of the pillars of the European Health Union project. The holistic nature of the plan requires a significant multi-level coordination effort between institutions and stakeholders along the entire chain. Since regional and local authorities play a crucial role in delivering cancer care and ensuring prevention, the CoR is committed to supporting them in improving the local and European response in the fight against cancer.
This virtual meeting will be a unique opportunity to exchange opinions with the European Commission, the European Parliament, and relevant European stakeholders on Europe’s Beating Cancer Plan and the fight against cancer in the EU.
- Birgitta Sacredeus, Chair of the Interregional Group on Health and Wellbeing, Member of the CoR
- Hana Horka, Policy Officer, Europe’s Beating Cancer Plan Taskforce, DG SANTE, European Commission
- Sara Cerdas, MEP, Vice-chair of the BECA Committee, European Parliament
- Giovanni Gorgoni, Director-General, Agenzia Regionale Strategica per la Salute ed il Sociale (AReSS) Puglia
- David Ritchie, Cancer Prevention Manager, Association of European Cancer Leagues
- Matthijs van Meerveld, Co-char of All.Can’s Public Affairs Working Group, All.Can International
- Antonella Cardone, Director, European Cancer Patient Coalition