- This event has passed.
CoR Interregional Group on Health and Well-being “Supporting mental health in the EU in pandemic and post-pandemic”
25 November @ 2:30 pm - 4:30 pm
“Supporting mental health in the EU in pandemic and post-pandemic”
25 November 2021, 14:30-16:30 CET
Good mental health is vital for people to be able to lead healthy and productive lives. Mental health disorders already represented a significant health burden prior to the pandemic, with around 16% of the European population suffering from a mental disorder. COVID-19 pandemic and the subsequent economic crisis has exacerbated this situation, especially amongst vulnerable groups.
As pointed out by Stella Kyriakides, Commissioner for Health and Food Safety, ahead of the World Mental Health Day on 10 October 2021, “a silent pandemic of mental health challenges is sweeping across the European Union and beyond”. This health emergency requires a deep reflection by European institutions and actors at all levels on the paths to follow to build mental health resilience among all European citizens.
This meeting will be a unique opportunity to foster a deep policy debate on mental health in the European Union and exchange opinions between the European institutions and stakeholders on the vision and strategy to address the mental health challenge today and in the near future.
- Pedro De Oliveira Martins Pita Barros, member of the Expert Panel on effective ways of investing in health (EXPH) powered by DG SANTE;
- Njördur Viborg, Psichologist, Responsible for Psychotherapy in the Manegement team of Psychiatry, Skåne County (SE);
- Chris Wright, National Advisor for Mental Health at Scottish Government;
- Walter Osika, Associate Professor, Karolinska Institutet, partner of PERISCOPE project;
- Åse Marit Hovden, Senior Adviser Public Health at Viken County (NO), partner of BOOST project;
- Claudia Marinetti, Director, Mental Health Europe.
Registrations are open until 24 November 2021. The EUREGHA Secretariat will provide the link closer to the event to those registered.